More and more people are turning to acupuncture for solutions to their health. Robust scientific research backs up what many people have known for years – acupuncture works.
MRI scans show that acupuncture triggers the body’s healing process by calming the central nervous system, regulating hormones and releasing endorphins.
Daily stresses, lifestyle choices and injury upset our natural balance and lead to physical and emotional symptoms.
By identifying the root cause of the symptoms Kate uses very fine, painless needles to activate specific energy points on the body to help bring both body and mind back to health.
Common complaints successfully and regularly treated include:
• Infertility and IVF support
• Stress, anxiety, depression, insomnia, chronic fatigue
• Digestive disorders – IBS, bloating, constipation
• Menstrual and menopausal disorders – PMT, painful periods, PCOS, hot flushes
• Pregnancy discomforts, morning sickness and labour induction
• Pain – sports injuries, lower back, knee, hip, sciatica, shoulder, neck
• Headaches and migraines
• Skin conditions – eczema, asthma, psoriasis, acne
Treatment is aimed at the root of your condition as well as your main symptoms.
This helps resolve your main problem but also improve your feeling of wellbeing. You may notice other niggling problems resolve. You are likely to sleep better and feel less stressed.
Kate frequently hears her patients say “I feel better in myself”.
Acupuncture is now prescribed by the NHS for certain conditions and there is much research into the effectiveness of treatment (see Research page).
It is widely used and accepted all over the world.
Find out how you can turn back the years here.